We depart on the LeBlanc boys’ modern fishing boat where you will enter a historical adventure through the islands full of rich culture and history. You will learn how to haul a real lobster trap and see the process that an actual lobster fisherman would go through on a day to day basis. You will then stop on Big Tusket Island at the private floating dock of the LeBlanc brothers (All docks have ramps, there are no ladders involved). On Big Tusket Island you will visit the LeBlanc’s own private fishing shanty and workshops. You will be served fresh local seafood chowder made from a traditional recipe passed on to the boys through past generations. After being filled with delicious seafood you can enjoy live entertainment on the one hour sail back to the Wedgeport dock.
Things you should know about our tour:
- Prices are 80$ + tax for adults and 55$ + tax for youth under 18. You may also book the vessel privately and do a customized tour around your schedule. Please call 902-740-2295 for this option. Children under 5 years of age can join us for free.
- We are a Transport Canada certified passenger vessel with a well trained crew that exceed all medical and safety certifications. We have emergency life jackets for all passengers on board the vessel
- Access to the vessel and all docks along the tour are via standard stairs with safety railing. There will be no need to use any ladders during the trip.
- We do not take deposits prior to the tour, however we kindly ask that you leave the decision to cancel the tour due to weather with our knowledgeable captain. Cancelling at the last minute may negatively impact other customer’s booking.
-Bathroom services are available on the vessel as well as at our stop on Big Tusket Island at our seaside shanty.
- We encourage you to dress warmly! Even calm warm days can be slightly chilly out on the ocean.
- We encourage you to bring sunscreen, cameras. extra clothing, any snacks you may like to bring (especially if you have any allergies to the shellfish in our seafood chowder).
- You may also book a private tour. We offer Booze cruise options that cater to your timeframe and needs. We also now offer deep sea fishing charters. Please contact us for bookings and in regards as to which species is in season. We’re great for staff parties, reunions and we even offer an educational class trip package. Please notify us of any allergies